Cookie Cobbler


 
I needed to bring something to work for our Thursday Luau and I had a ton of fruit in the house that I knew would go bad if I didn't use it.  I also had a few rolls of sugar cookie dough in the fridge and I decided we'd give it a whirl.  So, here's my recipe for Cookie Cobbler.  YUM!

First, I lined the bottom of the pan with one roll of the sugar cookie dough.  I put it in the oven for about 15(ish) minutes.  My goal was to get most of it somewhat brown on top and once it did, I let it sit until it was room temp.

I mixed up some blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and peaches and added about 3/4 cups of brown sugar, but I can't be sure that's how much I actually added because I didn't really measure.  I also mixed in about a tsp. of butter because everything good starts with a little butter and a little sugar.  ;)

Once the cookie bottom was cool, I put the berry mixture on top and popped it in the oven for about 20(ish) minutes.  I also sliced a log of cookie dough and baked the little rounds in the oven with the berry mixture.  When those were done, I pulled them out, let them cool and then crumbled them.  I put the crumbled cookies over the berry mixture and let it bake another 20+ minutes.  I waited until it was hot and bubbly and the cookies were good and crispy, but not too brown.  YUM!

As I was baking, I realized that the light was pouring through our back sliding glass doors and my daughter was down to her undies and playing with the dogs.  A pure three-year-old moment.  So, I grabbed my camera and snapped some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment