"Mom! It's hot!"

As I buckled my daughter into her car seat this morning, she complained that it was too hot. I agreed. But we were late for school, Barbie needed to move her long beautiful hair out of the way so I could see the buckles, and I was counting the minutes until we'd pull into the Starbucks drive-thru and a venti iced coffee would finally be mine. It was one of those mornings. But it wasn't too bad - no fits had been thrown, no tears. It was just crazy and hot and we were running a bit late.

Now I know this is going to sound goofy, but I wish they would invent a camera that sits inside the rear-view mirror of a car. I swear my daughter makes the funniest faces when she's strapped in (with no escape) and has only her imagination and amusing noises to make me laugh. Her lips go every which way, her eyes cross and wiggle back and forth, and her nose scrunches time and time again. It's like she's learning how to use parts of her face for the first time.  I've been able to capture some of her "car faces" on camera, but I still think it would be nice to reach up and press a button and get them in the car, where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment