Let's party!

Just about every year, I kind of dread my daughter's birthday party.  Not her birthday - let's be clear on that.  Just her party.  Why?  Because I have no clue what we're going to do or where we're going to go!  There are only so many indoor places you can take a group of kids and family to celebrate a little one's birthday.  And in the early part of June, you never know if it's going to rain or be marvelous.  It turns out it drizzled a bit and was cold so I'm glad we didn't plan a water adventure of some kind, but it certainly affirmed that we should stick to mostly indoor activities.  And it didn't break the bank!  Score!

Now just for the record, I can't wait for her to be at the age of girly sleepovers.  No, I'm not kidding.  I've got those down to a science and can't wait to paint fingernails, play silly games, and send each girl home with a different color hair than she came with.  Yup.  Better not send her to my kid's house for a slumber party unless you want her coming home with pink/purple/green/whatever streaks in her hair.  It will wash out - I promise.

So, this year, to celebrate my kiddo turning five, we headed to Bower's Farm.  If you live in the Detroit area and haven't checked this place out, you should put it on your list.  They have animals that the kids interact with and learn about, fun activities, cheap birthday parties (we got to hold and pet baby animals, ride a pony and horses, and chat it up with pigs, ducks, and bees)!








No comments:

Post a Comment